[MlMt] MailMate 1.14(6048) Outlook OAUTH2 Status

Henry Seiden info at techworkspro.com
Tue Jul 2 10:14:39 EDT 2024

Good Morning All,

I recently updated my previously running “Experimental” version 6038
to the latest released version noted above. Specifically checking the
new capability of using Outlook account OAUTH2 verification. I had
disabled this feature and my Outlook IMAP account Servers worked fine,
however in lieu of a notice issued by M$ they will soon cease to
function without OAUTH2 (September, as reported by Benny).

Confirming it’s fine on this version, on both MacOS 14.5 (23F79)
Sonoma and with Sequoia Beta 2 as well. Specifics on my installation
follow. Did not test with MacOS 15.0 Sequoia Beta 1. NB, I tested
Outlook account registration after installation by:
* Restarting Outlook with new version.
* Taking Outlook IMAP Account offline.
* Taking it Online and following the steps that occurred automatically
in MailMate to register as OAUTH. Web confirmation.
* Got confirming email(s) that IMAP account registration was completed.
* Two confirming emails sent by M$ server for unknown reasons, probably
one for IMAP and one for STMP.
* Repeated the registration procedure for each installation.

Hope this helps sort out some confusion!

My system: MailMate/6048/282BCB28-893E-51E7-891E-F3272BC540D1
14.5.0/arm64/MacBookPro18,3/10

Respectfully,

Henry Seiden
- -