[MlMt] Rules not working properly

Mon Jul 1 07:53:54 EDT 2024

On 1 Jul 2024, at 13:04, James Coffey wrote:

> I have a Junk Mail folder that gets a lot of junk and an occasional
> good email.  I have rules set in a mailbox called Misc that should
> catch those and move them there, but it only works some of the time;
> yet the same rule structure works for all the other sub mailboxes
> under my unread mailbox.
>
> I’ve added From: addresses and names but it still works
> sporadically.
>
> Any suggestions?

When trying to figure out what goes wrong then it's useful to know that
you can use “Message > Reset...” to simulate that the message
arrives in the mailbox again. This should trigger rules just like when
it initially arrived.

If you are able to locate a message which you are sure should match the
conditions then you can send it to me using “Help > Send Feedback”
(just drag the email into the composer window) and I'll also need the
following file to see your rules:

     /Users/<username>/Library/Application
Support/MailMate/Mailboxes.plist