[MlMt] Migrating MM

davecc0000 davec2468 at gmail.com
Wed May 3 10:08:50 EDT 2023

I’m creating a new boot volume (Catalina) and doing a minimal, manual migration of needed apps.

I downloaded MM from thr Freron server.

I copied
~/Library/Application Support/MailMate

from the old boot volume (Sierra) to the new boot volume (Catalina).

After launching MM and providing all the email account passwords, MM put up this message:

“MailMate failed to save a file to disk”
< https://imgur.com/a/jdBs3iI >

Apparently there is an alias to the messages in the MailMate folder which can’t be resolved. I navigated to the old Sierra boot disk (while still booted into Catalina) and double-clicked on the alias. A System error message was displayed saying the original item couldn’t be located.

Suggestions?

I sent this to Benny but he seems to be not available.

Thanks,
Dave
MailMate 1.12.2 (r5673)
macOS 10.15.7 Catalina