[MlMt] Chatgpt or other AI integration

Glenn Parker glenn.parker at comcast.net
Sun Mar 26 23:20:16 EDT 2023

> One possible way to get an AI to prepare an answer for you is to use a
> natural language generation (NLG) system that can take your input and
> generate a response based on some parameters. For example, you can
> specify the tone, length and format of the desired answer, and the
> system will try to produce a suitable text for you. You can then
> review the generated text and decide if you want to send it or not.
> However, you should be careful when using such systems, as they may
> not always produce accurate or appropriate answers.

The text above was created using the new Bing built into the latest
Microsoft Edge browser, which uses ChatGPT. I selected “Compose”
mode at the top, pasted your message into the “Write about” window
with options Tone: Professional, Format: Paragraph, Length: Short, then
I hit “Generate draft”.

Changing the Format to Email produced this:

> Hi,
>
> Thank you for your interest in our AI service. To get an AI to prepare
> an answer for you, you need to follow these steps:
>
> 1. Log in to your account and select the "Compose" option.
> 2. Enter the recipient's email address and the subject line.
> 3. Type your message or use the "AI Assist" button to generate a draft
> based on your keywords.
> 4. Review and edit the draft as you wish. You can also use the "AI
> Feedback" button to get suggestions on how to improve your message.
> 5. When you are satisfied with your message, click the "Send" button
> or save it as a draft for later.
>
> We hope this helps. If you have any questions or feedback, please let
> us know.
>
> Sincerely,
> The AI Team

I don’t know who the AI Team is, and I don’t know if this is
describing a real email product, but it sounds plausible.

Glenn P. Parker
glenn.parker at comcast.net