[MlMt] read message doesn't unbold in message list

Shoshanna Green shoshannag at gmail.com
Wed Mar 22 12:07:49 EDT 2023

I'm using r5950, and in this version (I think it started with this version) a message in the message list stays bold even when I open it (in another window) or when I select it and type the key that I've bound to "toggleReadState:". The message does register as read -- the counter on the mailbox changes as it should -- but the line stays bold until it's no longer selected, and which point it unbolds.

(The "Mark messages read after" preference is set to 0.1 seconds, and hasn't changed in years. I tried setting it to 0.0 seconds as a test, and the bolding of the line in the viewer still persisted so long as the line was selected, so I put it back to 0.1.)

This is a really minor concern (it's my week to complain about minor concerns, I guess), but I'm so used to the line unbolding 0.1 seconds after I open a message or mark it read with a keystroke that I keep doing a doubletake: "Did I not hit the key correctly?"

Shoshanna Green (she/her)
shoshannag at gmail.com