[MlMt] mail archiving

Rob Russell rob at sumware.co.nz
Mon Mar 20 14:53:24 EDT 2023

On 21 Mar 2023, at 0:47, aisrael wrote:

> Eaglefiler does it (Horcrux and Mailsteward don’t, they work by
> directly accessing the IMAP server), but is apparently unable to
> perform incremential backups.

How are you doing the backups? EagleFiler copies all of the files you
send it, whatever they are, to a local directory structure and builds an
index of that. That structure is not closed and can be backed up in the
normal way, just like any other  folder structure in the Finder.

It took me a bit before I "got" EagleFiler and now I use it for many
different purposes. I have years of emails in EF. I like the EF search
though I can also search in the Finder and the backups (Arq and
TimeMachine) don't seem to have a problem.

And Michael Tsai's support is great.

Rob