[MlMt] SMTP Errors - M365 Account

Henry Seiden info at techworkspro.com
Mon Mar 20 10:57:06 EDT 2023

Hi Alexandre,

I have not renewed my Outlook account log in in quite a while, password
or OA2 until today.

It has been running, without any visible failures or renewal requests in
MM, but it turned out not actually communicating with the server nd
without indicating a fault, BTW.

Probably that’s because it was not previously configure properly or
wasn’t updated from previous versions of OAuth.

Using an owned (probably ancient) version of M365 WindowsLive/Outlook
account, not subscription. For clarity, I have little email in or out on
that account these days (short of testing it and MS security notices, to
see if it works) which just did.

Updated my log-in in MM to automatically to include OAuth2 (goes to MS
and reconfirms the OAuth), It’s again working, but wasn’t running
before today since a while ago (no idea why except a OAuth - possible
upgrade to using it again?) but made no other changes (PW, or
otherwise).

I will see how long it takes for warnings of some type to appear and get
back to you. It’s a good reminder to test more frequently.

Respectfully,

Henry Seiden
- -
Techworks Pro Co.