[MlMt] white numbers in menu bar counter

Wed Mar 15 11:45:08 EDT 2023

On 14 Mar 2023, at 15:37, Shoshanna Green wrote:

> Just updated to 5950 on my iMac running Big Sur 11.7.2, and the number
> in my menu bar counter has turned white, which makes it impossible to
> read against the light gray of the menu bar itself. Is there a way to
> adjust this? (I tried all four counters; they have different color
> circles around the number, but the number is always white.)

Sorry! This is a bug introduced while fixing some other issues with the
colored counters (menu bar and dock icon) “caused” by macOS updates.

I've fixed it and it should be more robust going forward since I use
less custom code to do it. This is also why the colored background is
gone. I'm now using a standard Apple component for the number and then I
add the colored circle. This should ensure the counts have the same
color as the other menu bar items (I believe this color depends on both
light/dark mode and the background image used).

Recent test releases have been somewhat crashy because of a lot of low
level improvements/rewrites/fixes which has revealed other bugs which
used to be silently “ignored” (which is a bad thing). These bugs
would crash MailMate instead making them much more likely to be fixed :)

The latest upload appears to be stable for me, but I don't quite dare to
make it a test release yet. Here's a direct link for those who do not
mind if they have to report any crashes/regressions via “Help > Send
Feedback”:
[MailMate_r5955.tbz](http://updates.mailmate-app.com/archives/MailMate_r5955.tbz)