[MlMt] white numbers in menu bar counter

Glenn Parker glenn.parker at comcast.net
Tue Mar 14 16:13:53 EDT 2023

On 14 Mar 2023, at 10:37, Shoshanna Green wrote:

> Just updated to 5950 on my iMac running Big Sur 11.7.2, and the number
> in my menu bar counter has turned white, which makes it impossible to
> read against the light gray of the menu bar itself. Is there a way to
> adjust this? (I tried all four counters; they have different color
> circles around the number, but the number is always white.)

I think the counter digits were always white. What has changed is the
oval background for the counters. It used to be a solid color, but now
it is a hollow oval outline with color on the border and a transparent
interior. Personally, I like this because the vivid, solid background
blobs were out of character with the rest of the menubar icons, but I
use dark mode for everything so I find it is still legible. I found that
the background colors can be tweaked by messing with the “hidden”
preferences, but I have found any way to adjust the foreground color.

Glenn P. Parker
glenn.parker at comcast.net