[MlMt] good email providers that play well w/ MailMate [was: moving my mail from one server to another—will my IMAP mailboxes & their contents survive the move?]

Andrew Buc abuc at andrewbuc.com
Wed Apr 19 00:46:53 EDT 2023

On 14 Apr 2023, at 7:09, John Doherty wrote:

> If you want to leave liquidweb entirely, then you will have to have
> the DNS for the domain hosted elsewhere. Fastmail can do that for you
> or you could choose another DNS provider.

I don’t remember whether I got my staxman.net domain (later supplanted
by my andrewbuc.com domain) first and my Fastmail account second, or
vice versa. I think vice versa, but it’s been many years. I know I
didn’t get them at the same time. I might very well have been happy
havng my domain hosted by Fastmail, had things gone that way. As is,
I’m happy with my domain hosted by Pair (I’ve already related my
GoDaddy fiasco) and my Fastmail mailbox.

Another registrar:

https://www.omnis.com

In all honesty, I have no experience with them. But I see that an old
acquaintance (with whom I’ve lost touch) has had the domain for his
consulting business with them since around Xmas 1999.

At the risk of belaboring the point, Ken, you have choices.