[MlMt] avoid quoting making fixed width reply?

Glenn Parker glenn.parker at comcast.net
Sat Apr 15 21:21:51 EDT 2023

On 14 Apr 2023, at 3:09, Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:
> possible or am talking crazy?

Sorry, but you may be mis-interpreting how the email text quoting system
works. Below is the text you supplied before, now quoted by MailMate. It
looks fine to me in the preview window, even though it is broken up into
three lines in my composition window.

> Here is my great message with a lot of text that is so wide that it
> overwraps. All to make it look nice. And wordy.

The trick is that, in the composition window, the first two lines end
with a space (‘ ‘). This tells the email client that the line is
continued (with no line break) on the following line. If you somehow
lose the spaces, you can type them in manually and that will restore the
line continuation behavior.

     Some words[space]
     More words[space]
     Last words