[MlMt] good email providers that play well w/ MailMate [was: moving my mail from one server to another—will my IMAP mailboxes & their contents survive the move?]

Richard Rettke pc8xtebtkw at snkmail.com
Wed Apr 12 16:05:48 EDT 2023

I Ken,

Although I still have some address’s on Gmail (only because I have not
had time to move them all) I cannot speak highly enough of Fastmail.

The only issue I have with Fastmail is that I have always been a heavy
user of TAGS in MailMate. Fastmail has a limit on how many tags (i.e.
how many tagged emails) it allowed. They may have fixed this as it was a
couple years ago I ran into it and I ultimately deprecated my use of
Tags. Beyond that, Fastmail is tops in my book.

On 12 Apr 2023, at 12:55, Ken Pope ken-at-kenpope.com
|Mailmate/RER>Vendor>Software>Freron Software| wrote:

> *Thanks* for the continued stream of great info.
>
> My plan to move to a much cheaper dedicated server crashed when I
> discovered that a much cheaper dedicated server couldn’t deliver
> what I needed.
>
> Part of Plan B includes finding a good, secure email provider that (a)
> will accept my domain name, (b) plays well with Mail Mate, (c) will
> allow me to import my current array of emails, & (d) allows sufficient
> storage (e.g., StartMail looks great but has an inflexible limit of
> only 10G storage for all plans).
>
> The following prospects made the initial cuts of my research.  I’d
> appreciate your comments about any of the following or any other
> provider you recommend or warn against.
>
> MailFence
> Proton
> Fastmail