[MlMt] moving my mail from one server to another—will my IMAP mailboxes & their contents survive the move?

Ken Pope ken at kenpope.com
Tue Apr 4 16:20:21 EDT 2023

My mail currently resides on a dedicated server managed by company X.
To save money, I’m considering transferring my domains, mail, and
websites from X to a dedicated server managed by company Y.

Will all the many, *many* IMAP mailboxes that MailMate has created for
me disappear in the move, or will they (if the move goes well) wind up
on the new server with their contents intact?

If it is likely that they and their contents (many emails in each) will
survive the transition, is there anything I should ask company Y to do
or avoid doing the increase the chances of a safe move?

Thanks—as always—for your help.

Ken