[MlMt] Moving ISP/IMAP host

Ben Hyde bhyde at pobox.com
Sat Sep 3 11:15:18 EDT 2022

On 2 Sep 2022, at 23:41, Bill Cole wrote:
> The tool … imapsync: https://imapsync.lamiral.info
>
> … MacPorts port … Homebrew has a recipev… faster to run
> server-to-server…

Last time i used imapsync[2] I had a nice experiance using the docker
image[1].

Even if you don’t use it the dock explainations of all the damn
speical cases
is invaluble[2].  Just for example how it understands the throttling
rules of gmail.

Moving all your imap server from vendor A to vendor B is saver if you
practise.
So you make a throw away B and copy eveythin over there.  Then set up a
fresh
email client, to see if it’s working, there are few email apps you an
use for that.
I think I used MailSpring last time around.

  - ben

[1] https://hub.docker.com/r/gilleslamiral/imapsync/
[2] https://imapsync.lamiral.info/