[MlMt] gmail workspaces beginner question

Richard Teverson richard.teverson at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 16:31:21 EDT 2022

Hello all,
I’m a devoted if new Mailmate user. My university IT department is just this week telling me that gmail workspaces for education is only allowing the following apps to act as email clients:

Gmail App
IOS Mail App
macOS Mail App
Windows Mail App
Outlook - For Windows using G-sync
Libraries Digital Reserves
Microsoft apps & Services
Shop
Yahoo!
Email - Edison Mail
Amazon Alexa
Mail Merge with Attac
Boomerang for Gmail
Riva for Google Apps
Mozilla Thunderbird Email
Less Meeting

Does anyone else know anything about this? Mailmate stopped working on Monday for my work email with this error:

20:27:00 Error: Server response: “A1 NO [ALERT] IMAP access is disabled for this mail client for your domain. Please contact your domain administrator for questions about this feature. (Failure)”. Command attempted: “A1 AUTHENTICATE XOAUTH2 ••••••••••”.
20:27:00 Error: OAUTH2 error is {"status":"400","schemes":"Bearer","scope”:”https://mail.google.com}

Mailmate still works with my personal email, and Apple mail with my work email. I would be very sad if google has just exiled Mailmate for seemingly no reason.

Is anyone else in this position,
Richard