[MlMt] Issue renaming mailboxes

Tariq Magdon-Ismail tariqmi at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 14:15:49 EDT 2022

Hi,

Is renaming a mailbox by clicking on it (i.e. similar to Apple Mail/Finder folder renaming behavior) supported? The reason I ask is because this hasn't worked for me (recent MM user) with r5895 and r5918.

However, today I was going to rename a mailbox (using the "Rename Mailbox..." context menu) and then changed my mind and hit Esc to exit without making a change. From then on, whenever I click on that particular mailbox it goes in to edit mode. Testing the behavior out a bit, I noticed that if I actually rename the mailbox this click-to-edit behavior won't be enabled (I must exit without actually renaming). Also, if I restart MM the behavior resets.

My assumption is that I should be able to click and rename a mailbox and so this is a bug. Am I correct?

Regards
-Tariq