[MlMt] Office 365 / Encrypted Emails

Robert M. Münch robert.muench at saphirion.com
Wed Oct 26 04:02:00 EDT 2022

Hi, I just received an encrypted email from an Office 365 user (attached as *message_v3.rpmsg file).

1. What kind of encryption does Office 365/Outlook use?

2. Is that something external mail clients can support?

3. @Benny: Is support planned?

I mean, many companies are using this office stuff, and I would go mad, if I now receive hundreds of emails, where I have to click a link to access them.

This smells a bit like an intended MS strategy to push more and more people into their ecosystem by making things not working together, while activating encryption by default for all customers.

Viele Grüsse.

--

Robert M. Münch

Note: The .ASC file contains a digital PGP signature of this email. It can be used to check that this email is from me and was not changed since I wrote it.

Hinweis: Die .ASC Datei enthält eine digitale PGP Signatur dieser Email. Mit dieser kann überprüft werden, dass diese Email von mir geschrieben und seitdem nicht verändert wurde.