[MlMt] Insert photo in-line in an email message?

Tobias Jung nd at tobiasjung.net
Thu Oct 20 13:43:35 EDT 2022

On 20 Oct 2022, at 18:40, Dave Carpenter wrote:

> Thank you for that distinction Tobias. I’ve only ever sent plain
> text messages.
>
> A general question: is there a down-side to sending HTML mail? Do some
> businesses decline to receive HTML mail? Or is to quite common? I just
> don’t want to send HTML if suddenly I discover that some corporate
> servers are rejecting it on policy.

Well, I’m kind of a "plain text message" guy myself… and for many
years, I actually *hated* HTML messages. Nowadays, I still avoid them
whenever I can, but I’m not reluctant anymore when an HTML messages
offers me some advantages.

Regarding your question: I don’t think that any businesses decline to
receive HTML messages these days. They’d have to reject probably about
90% of the incoming messages.
But that’s only my assumption, I don’t know any statistics.

Kind regards,
Tobias