[MlMt] Feature Request: Time tracker in Message edit window

Randall Gellens mailmate at randy.pensive.org
Thu Nov 10 07:58:18 EST 2022

On 10 Nov 2022, at 1:10, mailmate at businessdatasystems.co.nz wrote:

> I've found that a time tracker in the message edit window of another
> email client enhanced my focus.
>
> The time tracker simply displayed the amount of time spend composing
> an email. After a configurable period the text displaying the time
> spent turned red to indicate that you had exceeded that amount of
> time.
>
> It was extremely simple in the interface. I really appreciated it and
> would like to see it in MailMate.

I'm curious about your experience of this being helpful, because I would
imagine it to be the opposite of helpful, a distraction that removed
focus while thinking of how to word something. Is it maybe that you
start to compose, then get distracted by something else, and the timer
reminds you to finish?

--Randall