[MlMt] Colors in mailbox menu

Glenn Parker glenn.parker at comcast.net
Tue Nov 1 11:09:02 EDT 2022

On 30 Oct 2022, at 23:07, RANDY ABBOTT wrote:

> What keyword should I use in the Styles.plist file to color unread
> messages in a mailbox? I tried \\Unseen but that doesn't seem to work.

You’ll have to do the opposite using the \\Seen keyword. Here is my
Styles.plist, which turns messages gray if they are marked as
“seen”, and red if they are “flagged”:

     {   styles = (
             {   type = keyword;
                 keyword = ‘\\Flagged';
                 color = "#FF6666";
             },
             {    type = keyword;
                  keyword = ‘\\Seen';
                  color = "#888888";
             },
         );
     }

I also enable “Bold font for unread messages” in the MailMate
preferences under the Viewer tab, so unread messages stand out nicely.

> Also, it seems that choosing Multicolor for Colors doesn't seem to do
> anything?

No idea what the Multicolor option does, but it’s new and might be
only half-baked.

Glenn P. Parker
glenn.parker at comcast.net