[MlMt] MailMate, Gmail, & OAUTH2 verification

Henry Seiden info at techworkspro.com
Fri May 20 07:20:08 EDT 2022

Hi Antonio,

That was likely and either/or scenario, fully played out by Google.
I’ve been using OAUTH2 for several accounts on Google. Others -
iCloud(Apple), Outlook(MS), Yahoo have new methods of verifying accounts
with SSL. Both adapt fairly well to email clients like MailMate for me.

Yahoo! has one quirk  I wish Benny would fix in MM. Don’t know if
it’s related, but what happens is that Yahoo cannot verify the account
if the laptop is moved to a new locale or IP address (not always a
different  router). It fails authorization/recognition by the server.
Then requires me to take that account off line and re-register it (log
it back in). Yahoo becomes happy again, until the next time.

Benny, care to comment about this one and how you want me to report it
as a bug? I’ve been seeing in all 1.14 releases tried on this server
only, including Test Builds for a while now. Currently on 1.14 r5895,
MacOS 12.1.3 (Monterey).

Respectfully,

Henry Seiden
- -