[MlMt] MailMate update denied

David Ledger MailMate at ivdcs.co.uk
Thu May 19 15:49:13 EDT 2022

On 19 May 2022, at 20:33, Tracy Valleau wrote:

> Hold down the command key and drag MailMate to your desktop.
> Release all keys.
> Hold down the command key and drag MailMate to your Applications
> folder.
>
> That should fix it.

Thanks, but this is an update that MailMate itself is trying to install,
even though it knows it is up to date. It’s not a human initiated
download. So
1.  Why is it think it has to update software that is already up to
date.
2.  Why does it think it is a read-only filesystem when the system is
too old to have a read-only filesystem (other than on an external drive,
that this isn’t).

David