[MlMt] Download Images still downloads 1 pixel ones

Henry Seiden info at techworkspro.com
Mon May 9 10:00:42 EDT 2022

Randall,

This seems like a good one for a feature request. SFAIK, this condition
has been the case (the one pixel image)for awhile in the downloads list
layout for the attachments window section. It is ultra compact.

Try this to view an attachment from Mailmate to open a window in another
app fairly quickly, as a workaround:
* Open an attachment in an email by selecting it, with CTL held down.
* Select the option in the drop down window,  “Open with Preview
(default)” or choose any other app there you’d like (e.g., Word or
Pages for a document). There is probably a setting to directly select
Preview, the default but I don’t know it.
* You can close or save from there.
* I tried this and the full-size version of the attachment seems to open
in Preview for me.

To be honest, it hasn’t proven that much of a barrier for me, however.
But we’re just kicking it around in this group. Thanks for the detail.
Benny usually monitors this group so he can get some idea of interest
and make comments.

Other apps (Mail, Outlook) provide a means to view attachments in a
larger form as part of the message view (still in reduced format than a
page view), but still readable. The layout used doesn’t do this. So do
you think a new layout with that functionality is the answer?

Respectfully,

Henry Seiden
- -
Techworks Pro Co.