[MlMt] Improving search performance?

Patrik Fältström paf at frobbit.se
Wed May 4 01:34:39 EDT 2022

On 3 May 2022, at 17:00, Ben Lee-Cohen wrote:

> I believe that is the case, but I’ve got 32GB of ram and SSD storage on a 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7 — I’m not sure how I can improve the local hardware side of things (unless M1 performance is dramatically better, in which case…).

Move old mail to some archive mailbox or account.

Create a virtual mailbox with "everything except the old mail".

Have default search be in that virtual mailbox.

Then you can if you want to move manually the search to be in "All messages" after the search first completed in the smaller set of messages.

I have that with "all messages last year" which is a fast search, while search in all messages (which for me is 3.2 million messages) is much slower.

   Patrik