[MlMt] HTML formatting Kudos [kudos & hints at formatting HTML versions of email]

Henry Seiden info at techworkspro.com
Tue Mar 29 16:24:44 EDT 2022

Hello Benny,

Just a note to tell you how much I enjoyed the HTM feature that I
discovered in the new version 5882. Don’t know if this feature was
there before this version, but since I had need to format the page
simply and the signature specifically and you helped me out on the
signature formatting in the recent past, I return the favor to document
this feature I discovered by accident. It proved very useful for me in
combination with some research.

Don’t know if you recall my previous questions and your answers about
formatting an HTML variant signature section such as the one below in
this message. You helped me to understand that the inline formatting was
the correct way to utilize the page construction features of MailMate. I
use it all the time now, even if it is only for message formatting.

I recently was interested in using a default format style to match the
signature text, and found a very simple way to do so for the entire
message page, using the CSS style, Body. My page as you may note is set
up to use specific styles, backgrounds and insert a small logo as well,
just in the signature line using your signature settings. So, to format
the entire message body, I simply found that the ‘body’ command
works for the entire message and added that style to the body rather
easily.

Your manual is unfortunately unclear that the body command formats an
entire HTML (variant) version message page but it seemed a worthwhile
try to to experiment with it. Lo! It worked great. So, thanks for your
insight into the working a of MailMate and using CSS styling to format
an entire page and signature line all in one CSS layout.

Not to mention, for people who only want to see text format versions of
email, the text version remains untouched and can be read out in any
font the user desires.

Respectfully,

Henry Seiden
- -