[MlMt] Customizing mailbox icons with SF Symbols

Roger Sheen infotexture at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 18:13:42 EDT 2022

I recently upgraded to build 5875 and miss my custom mailbox icons.

I had customized mailbox icons by editing `~/Library/Application Support/MailMate/Mailboxes.plist` and pointing to the Mail.app icons as described in the “Low-Level Customization” topic of the MailMate Help, but those changes are no longer effective, although the `imagePath` entries are correct.

According to the _Release Notes_, since revision 5859:

> MailMate now uses so-called SF Symbols by default for most of its graphics including mailbox icons:

> New: For now, the SF Symbol used for a specific mailbox can be changed by editing Mailboxes.plist.

Has anyone figured out the required syntax to customize icons with the new approach?

Regards,

Roger