[MlMt] "Date Received" column width

Henry Seiden info at techworkspro.com
Fri Mar 11 21:43:15 EST 2022

Hi Randall,

There may be additional steps, I see that when the Date Received column
is on the far right it appears to act differently. Firstly, the
rightmost column is right justified. I tried moving that column one
space to the left, then adjusting it size-wise , then pushing it back
over and it seems to work. [Maybe we should share some screen
shots](https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2a80zy41i2usxwk/AACvqtzpwrJ4gLqTmDRtuqona?dl=0)?

How about if you send an example of the problem you’re seeing?

Not sure why your “virtual” mailboxes are labelled differently than
mine, but they seem to be so. Possibly the name is inherited from the
name of the IMAP Servers default accounts list? Not sure of that.
Subject of another question for someone else.

So, I am sending several step-by step screen shots of the menus and how
I did the column adjustments. If it doesn’t work the same for you in
r5875, please file a feedback report with Benny. I believe that it works
the way I demonstrate it  and that’s bout all I can tell you, that
setting the top level account  or virtual account (E.G. Inbox/All
Inboxes) adjusts all the sub-mailboxes, both as to width and relative
column locations and I find it very handy to have this feature. Looking
just at the All Inbox while we adjust.

See my Dropbox link for the 4 screenshots, and images’ descriptions:
1. Starting position of the Date Received Column all the way over on the
right hand side. Time stamp at 21.09.41.
2. Moved the date Received column in on spot to the left. You can check
other sub mailboxes to see if the size is reflected there. Time
stamp at 21.10.16.
3. Use your cursor to adjust the column in question. I this case I made
it much bigger. Note that Today would be replaced by the full date
because for some reason I am using a relative setting, the column goes
all the way over to the TOD. Timestamp  @21.11.22.
4. Slide the column back to its original spot. Note that the same column
width travels to the new location and that the new location and column
width is reflected on all sub-folders below in the hierarchy. Time
stamp:21.12.06.

You can change the columns displayed in the list by CTL+clicking in the
heading to show your column choices. I tried the same functionality in
specifically created, non-generic mailboxes like this User Group. Works
the same.

So what I’m saying is that any single grouping of mailboxes can be
adjusted the way you like, not just a grouping. Extremely versatile!

Respectfully,

Henry Seiden

Techworks Pro Co.
E: info<at>techworkspro<dot>com