[MlMt] Mailmate r5874 Issue with accounts [Yahoo Server fails to stay online when laptop moves to a new internet connection]

Henry Seiden info at techworkspro.com
Mon Mar 7 08:04:25 EST 2022

Hello,

Just letting you know of continuing issue with Accounts staying on line,
in particular Yahoo! Coming back with an A1 connection error. I found
that do duplicate the issue regularly in this version, and I think later
revisions as well of MailMate here are the steps:
1. Starting with a working, non-failing condition of MailMate, select a
different connection method. For instance without leaving my house, I
chose to go from a LAN connection (plugged in LAN cable) to wireless
connection (unplug the LAN cable and turn on the Wireless on the same
machine).
2. MailMate was left open on the desktop.
3. Immediately (within 30 seconds of changing connection methods the
warning popped up that the connection to Yahoo! Server had failed due to
the error and a choice of try later or take the account off-line was
required.
4. Disconnecting the account (taking it off line) got rid of the
warning.
5. Leaving it off for over 30 seconds, then turning it back to online
did NOT solve the problem. However, closing MailMate app for about a
minute and then restarting did solve the problem permanently, until the
next move to another wired or wireless connection.

Respectfully,

Henry Seiden

Techworks Pro Co.
E: info<at>techworkspro<dot>com