[MlMt] Screen flickering in dark mode

Angelo Machils angelo at machils.org
Thu Mar 3 09:58:31 EST 2022

Hello,

On 3 Mar 2022, at 16:40, Jon wrote:

> On occasion, I have been seeing the flickering due to the renderer flipping rapidly between different text word wrap. This is as if it cannot decide exactly where to word wrap the message.  This only happens in side-by-side layouts.  In those layouts I have the rendered text on the right.
>
> Changing the width of the window so the word wrap settles seems to make it stop.  Is this the behavior your are seeing?
> On Thu, 03 Mar 2022 07:56:13 +0200 Angelo Machils via mailmate <mailmate at lists.freron.com> wrote:
>> Is it just me or is the screen flickering in dark mode, worse again with the latest build (5875)?

No, in my case (and others have reported this as well in the past), that when viewing e-mails in text & dark mode, there is a flickering when switching between e-mails. For some (test) releases it was much better, but I have the idea that with the last release, it’s as bad as it was before.

---
With regards,

Angelo Machils