[MlMt] How can I save the HTML part of an email so that I can open in a browser or text editor?

Bill Cole mmlist-20120120 at billmail.scconsult.com
Tue Mar 1 17:54:44 EST 2022

On 2022-03-01 at 17:30:16 UTC-0500 (Tue, 01 Mar 2022 23:30:16 +0100)
Robert Brenstein <mailmate at lists.freron.com>
is rumored to have said:

> Not direct save but you could change view to “Show HTML Source”,
> copy the text, paste into a text editor, save.

That doesn't give you the original HTML part of a multipart message, but
the HTML generated by MM to display any message, even messages that are
sent as pure plain text.

To get the HTML part of a multipart (or pure HTML) message, you need to
use "Show Raw Message" and snip out the text of the HTML part. It will
start with something like this:

	--=_Random_Meaningless_Unique_Boundary_String_=

	<!DOCTYPE html>
	<head>

And end like this: