[MlMt] Safari Menu> Share -> Send Message fails

Henry Seiden info at techworkspro.com
Thu Jun 30 05:16:28 EDT 2022

Randall,

Tried what you said quickly on my installation of MM 1.14 (5902), MacOS
12.4(21F79).

Seems to work OK for me going from a Safari page, in the
Menu>File>Share>Email this Page. Also the shortcut in Safari Version
15.5 (17613.2.7.1.8), ⌘ I does the same thing.

In my case, as expected MM does default to the last used address in the
 From address and leaves the rest of the header info (To:, CC:, BCC:)
open. I hadn’t had need of that in the past. Thanks for the tip, it
works for me. Nice to know it.

FYI, while at it, tried the feature to show several headers by default
and that built-in feature is great as well. Couldn’t get it to stay as
a default selection previously. Now it does.

Might be nice to inspect all settings in MM in settings via a CLI
command, if possible. Failing that, I would troubleshoot using the
following in CLI settings (see info in the MailMate Help section):
1. Try resetting your MM version back to its default.
2. Restore the Compose settings only, if that’s possible.
3. Try a test user account on the same machine, a new install of MM
which should result in a clean default settings and one account.
4. Before those radical steps maybe boot from another version OS,
install MM fresh there to avoid changing what you have?
5. File a trouble ticket with further findings.

Respectfully,

Henry Seiden
- -
Techworks Pro Co.