[MlMt] 5895 is great

Thu Jun 23 14:56:51 EDT 2022

On 23 Jun 2022, at 19:10, Lisa Sieverts wrote:

> In my first update of Mailmate since December, I’ve gone to the new
> “BigSur” version 5895. I really like it! I’m a sucker for color
> and the subtle variations are perfect. So far, it’s been stable for
> me.

I'm glad you like it. The beta/test releases still have bugs, but should
be stable for most users. (One exception seems to be “Message > Edit
as New Message” (or editing a previously saved draft) for at least 1
user which I seem to have trouble reproducing. I welcome reports on
reproducing this issue.)

The latest test release (r5900) might be a bit unstable since it
includes several major new features and new features also means new
bugs. Users on the mailing list are very welcome to report any issues
with these features. Here's a short description:

* Improved integration with Contacts when using smart mailboxes and/or
rules. It's now possible to test if a given header email address exists
in Contacts and/or any specific account/group.
* For new users, a connection “wizard” helps setting up new accounts
based on email address(es). This is a replacement for the old and often
dysfunctional account importer. The wizard appears when using “File
▸ Add IMAP Account”.
* For the first time ever, the printing panel includes a group of
MailMate settings. For now, that means an option to exclude message
headers and an option to enable/disable page breaks between messages
(when printing multiple messages).

Hold down ⌥ when clicking “Check Now” in the Software Update
preferences pane to get the latest test release (to get the features
described above).