[MlMt] Bcc list

Shoshanna Green shoshannag at gmail.com
Sun Jul 3 17:18:25 EDT 2022

On 1 Jul 2022, at 18:37, Randy Bush wrote:

> when i select Bcc, it presents a list.  is there something i can do to have the first entry in that select list be the From: address?

I don't know about choosing from a list, but if your ultimate goal is to BCC the address you're sending from, see the hidden preferences manual under Composing: https://manual.mailmate-app.com/hidden_preferences

"The following can be used to add a BCC (blind carbon copy) header by default to all outgoing messages:

defaults write com.freron.MailMate MmDefaultBccHeader -string me at example.com

Using the special value "<.sender.>" tells MailMate to use the sending address of the related account.

This preference can also be a dictionary:

defaults write com.freron.MailMate MmDefaultBccHeader -dict "from at example.com" "bcc at example.com" "from2 at example.com" "bcc2 at example.com"

(The defaults commands need to be entered as one line, of course, even if they wrap in this email.)

Shoshanna Green
shoshannag at gmail.com