[MlMt] Scrolling of message contents gets "stuck"

Edward Thome ethome at murraystate.edu
Mon Feb 28 13:07:26 EST 2022

On 28 Feb 2022, at 11:59, Steve Burling wrote:

> On 28 Feb 2022, at 5:06, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:
>
>> On 26 Feb 2022, at 19:29, Steve Burling wrote:
>>

>> Let me know if it's reproducible. Note that MailMate caches displayed
>> messages. This means you need to open the message in a new window to
>> trigger re-parsing/drawing. You can also use “Message ▸
>> Reset...” to force MailMate to fetch it as if it was a new message.
>
> I've never managed to *make* it happen. It's also the case that I
> don't *think* that I'm opening a new window when I switch to a
> different message and then back again. I'm just clicking on another
> message in the message list, then back to the problem child. Both
> before and after I do the switch/switch back, I'm viewing the message
> in the message pane. I almost never open a message in its own window
> unless I'm trying to look at two simultaneously.

I also just use the message viewer and rarely open a message in a new
window, and I do see this behavior. I am always running the most recent
beta release and I am on Monterey. It does not happen with every
message, but seems to happen with *some* messages which have pictures
inside. Switching layout always allows me to scroll all the way down (I
usually use “Correspondence View”). However, I don’t know if
staying in “Three Panes” (for instance) would avoid it in the first
place.

Thanks,
Ed