[MlMt] Scrolling of message contents gets "stuck"

Steve Burling srb at umich.edu
Mon Feb 28 12:59:57 EST 2022

On 28 Feb 2022, at 5:06, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

> On 26 Feb 2022, at 19:29, Steve Burling wrote:
>
>> I've noticed in the last few (test) releases that sometimes I'm
>> scrolling down through a message (using the trackpad on my MBPro, for
>> whatever that's worth) and will come to a point in a message where
>> I'm pretty sure that there's more message to be shown, but can't seem
>> to scroll to it.
>
> This is likely related to some recent changes to when MailMate detects
> and updates after changes to the height of the displayed HTML. The
> related code is better now, but I must have missed that some order of
> events can trigger it to miss an update.
>
> When this happens, it's likely sufficient to resize the window a bit
> to trigger another update.

I'll try this.

>> This is in the "Thread Arcs" view.
>
> I'll try that, but it's more likely related to the type of message.
> Length, content (externally loaded images?), and/or connection speed.
>
> Let me know if it's reproducible. Note that MailMate caches displayed
> messages. This means you need to open the message in a new window to
> trigger re-parsing/drawing. You can also use “Message ▸
> Reset...” to force MailMate to fetch it as if it was a new message.

I've never managed to *make* it happen. It's also the case that I don't
*think* that I'm opening a new window when I switch to a different
message and then back again. I'm just clicking on another message in the
message list, then back to the problem child. Both before and after I do
the switch/switch back, I'm viewing the message in the message pane. I
almost never open a message in its own window unless I'm trying to look
at two simultaneously.

-- Steve