[MlMt] Scrolling of message contents gets "stuck"

Mon Feb 28 05:06:30 EST 2022

On 26 Feb 2022, at 19:29, Steve Burling wrote:

> I've noticed in the last few (test) releases that sometimes I'm scrolling down through a message (using the trackpad on my MBPro, for whatever that's worth) and will come to a point in a message where I'm pretty sure that there's more message to be shown, but can't seem to scroll to it.

This is likely related to some recent changes to when MailMate detects and updates after changes to the height of the displayed HTML. The related code is better now, but I must have missed that some order of events can trigger it to miss an update.

When this happens, it's likely sufficient to resize the window a bit to trigger another update.

> This is in the "Thread Arcs" view.

I'll try that, but it's more likely related to the type of message. Length, content (externally loaded images?), and/or connection speed.

Let me know if it's reproducible. Note that MailMate caches displayed messages. This means you need to open the message in a new window to trigger re-parsing/drawing. You can also use “Message ▸ Reset...” to force MailMate to fetch it as if it was a new message.