[MlMt] Moving settings to a new computer from an existing installation

John Purnell johno108108 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 19 17:56:11 EST 2022

Henry, the procedure I described did bring in my all my accounts. The only input from me during the entire process was that I got prompted for new application specific passwords for those accounts that are protected by 2FA on the initial manually initiated sync (my default). Once I created those and inserted them in the dialog boxes the messages from those accounts started to get downloaded. I then left MailMate alone and did other stuff until the sync completed (some time). I then reconciled the mailbox message counts against the old computer (identical). I think an important step on the new machine is not to open MailMate before you do the migration described in the manual, or if you have, to: close MailMate, delete its Application Support folder and the preference list, follow the migration procedure and only then open MailMate. Good luck.