[MlMt] OK, it's not ME...

Randall Meadows mailmate at not-pc.com
Wed Feb 16 11:30:05 EST 2022

I thought I'd screwed up something with my custom hotkeys and keybindings, but I just saw something that (I think) proves it's not me.

The issue I've been seeing fr a while is: while deleting messages using my customized hotkey (I prefer ⌘-d, customized via the Keyboard prefpane) or marking messages for SpamSieve training (using my custom keybinding "s-s"), a *DIFFERENT* app would suddenly come to the foreground, pushing MailMate into the background.  I don't know how many stray bookmarks I now have because of hitting ⌘-d repeatedly and suddenly my browser is now in the foreground receiving keystrokes.  I think it's whatever the other most recently-used app, but I've not investigated to confirm; but it's definitely switching apps out from underneath me!

But just now the exact same problem happened—MailMate went to the background and my browser came to the front—while I was merely navigating through a list of message using the arrow keys.  I know I have not customized anything related to that or selecting of messages, so this has to be a MailMate issue, right?!

MailMate version 1.14 (5856), running on macOS Big Sur 11.6.3.

Anyone else seeing this behavior?

randy

PS - MailMate has also become narcoleptic on me—hanging for tens of seconds at a time, SPOD'ing all the while.  It's done it THREE times while writing this message!  This has been going on for the last several versions, and there seems to be no rhyme or reason as to when it happens—sometimes composing a message, like just now, or simply reading.

Benny, would you like me to try to catch a spindump when this occurs?  (Do you happen to know the correct command to do so?)