[MlMt] Don't generate HTML just for the signature

Stephan Kleiber skleiber at mac.com
Wed Feb 2 12:00:57 EST 2022

Hi everyone,

when composing an email, as soon as I select a signature with an HTML
variant, MailMate makes my message rich text, even when the signature is
the only part of the message that needs HTML for styling. Is there a way
to change this behavior so that MailMate doesn’t generate an HTML
message part *just for the sole purpose of rendering the signature*?

My current solution is to use multiple signatures of which one contains
only the plaintext part. But this is not very convenient since I have to
manually enable the HTML signature in case I actively utilize styling or
reply to an HTML message.

Thank you
Stephan