[MlMt] Recreating an old workflow in MailMate[Mailing Lists]

Zvi Biener zvistrash at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 13:57:57 EST 2022

Just one more note.

I noticed that sometimes my inbox rules do not get automatically
applied. I can’t figure out the conditions, although I’m pretty
certain that a sufficient (but not necessary) condition is that another
email program (say, on my phone) has retrived the messages before MM
has. It doesn’t make much sense to me, but there it is. And, again,
this isn’t necessary.

The solution is easy, just run the rules (there is a key shortcut), move
away from the inbox, and then back to the inbox. (MM will not
‘disappear’ the messages from under you, it waits until you revisit
the mailbox). You can make a keybinding for this, which makes it very
quick.

I would be interested to know if anyone else has seen this behavior with
rules, and if you can tell under what conditions it happens.

Zvi

  A flaw to the first system below that the second system didn’t have:
when a message arrives in the Inbox, sometimes the rules