[MlMt] Is there a way to schedule rules running in MailMate?

Robert Wall rswall at rswall.com
Thu Apr 21 16:29:01 EDT 2022

TL;DR - I'd like to be able to fire off the mail rules for a given
folder once per day.

Longer explanation:

I have a server that sends me status emails. A *lot* of status emails.
And I need to receive these status emails not because I want to read
every single one, but because if something goes sideways I need to be
able to poke through the messages for clues / hints.

I don't need to keep these messages longer than a couple of weeks - 30
days max.

And I have other situations where I'll get 3 or 4 messages for the same
thing. Amazon order placed, Amazon order shipped, Amazon order delayed,
Amazon order delivered being a good example. I only need to keep the
last one.

So I have some existing rules that I can fire off manually which will
look for stuff with certain subject lines / senders that's older than 30
days or so, and clean those up - but I still have to run them manually.

I'm more than happy to use cron, launchd, or some sort of system
automation to tell MailMate to do this if that's what's required. Or if
there's a way in the software itself, that would be wonderful as well.

Any thoughts?

- - - - -
Robert Wall