[MlMt] Decoding problem with MM only

Bill Cole mmlist-20120120 at billmail.scconsult.com
Sun Apr 3 14:12:08 EDT 2022

On 2022-04-03 at 12:19:20 UTC-0400 (Sun, 03 Apr 2022 18:19:20 +0200)
Matthias Schmidt via mailmate <mailmate at lists.freron.com>
is rumored to have said:

> Hello,
>
> sometimes I get email with malformed content.
> These mails share:
> - they come from a specific contact-form via a database (4D)
> - they are usually sent by bots through the form
> BUT
> sometimes the malformed message is sent by a human.
>
> The malformed content only appears in Mailmate as malformed.
> This looks like:
> ‘UgYXMgc29vbiBhcyB0aGV5IGhpdCB5b3VyIHNpdGXigKYNCiANC…’
>
> Other mail-clients (, eM Client, Canary) are having no problems
> displaying the content correctly.
>
> my guess is there’s a little mistake in the content and all other
> mail clients tolerate that, MM doesn’t.

That's the likely root cause.

I haven't seen MM fail to decode many messages, and never seen it fail
to decode a message that other clients handle normally, except for
wildly misconstructed spam.

> Could this please be fixed.

Only Benny can say...

I expect that he won't have any way to fix it if he does not have a
concrete example of a message that MM can't handle. You may need to use
the "Help->Send Feedback" to share a sam ple message with him to get a
fix.

--
Bill Cole
bill at scconsult.com or billcole at apache.org