[MlMt] Apple-F doesn't function as expected if message window is open

Edward Thome ethome at murraystate.edu
Thu Sep 16 10:41:10 EDT 2021

On 16 Sep 2021, at 9:37, Raza Rizvi wrote:

>>> It's just a bug: you can resize the window using the mouse but it is
>>> annoying as the separate message window size will stay like this
>>> until they're resized.
>>>
>>> Charlie
>>
>> I see Cmd-F bound to the 'Edit->Find->Find...' menu item, and the
>> shortcut works for me (running r5820 under macOS 11.5.2).
>
> Eric - you are correct, now I look I also see this. But that is
> clearly not what is happening. Apple F works in all other apps so it
> appears to be a unique failure to Mailmate.

Just to clarify, because when I read Eric’s message I got the idea
that Eric was thinking what I originally thought…Command-F while
viewing the message in the Viewer Window.  However, there is a
difference in how MM behaves if (a) the message is being viewed in the
Viewer Window (in which case Command-F works as expected) versus (b) the
message is in its own window (in which case Command-F does what Ravi has
mentioned).
Ed