[MlMt] Suprious junk mail

Robert Brenstein mailmate at learning-insights.eu
Mon Sep 6 12:04:02 EDT 2021

On 6 Sep 2021, at 16:19, Justin Mallone wrote:

> On Sep 6, 2021, at 9:55 AM, James Coffey <james.coffey at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> All of a sudden messages are showing up in my junk email folder,
>> stating they are not marked as junk but in folder. As they are real
>> messages from work I am wondering how to fix this.
>
> I've been having a similar issue where legitimate messages seem to be
> appearing in the Deleted Messages folder on only one of two computers
> I have MailMate installed on (an M1 MacBook Air).
>
> I have been trying to figure this out for a few days but haven't been
> able to put it together yet.

I had such funky things when multiple devices were allowed to deal with
spam. They went away once I restricted spam handling to MM on my main
computer, which I train carefully and maintain white and black lists
accordingly. The only side effect is that I see some spam when I check
emails on other devices before main MM handles them.

Robert