[MlMt] Best way to keep MailMate up-to-date

Charlie Clark charlie at begeistert.org
Wed Sep 1 09:21:40 EDT 2021

On 1 Sep 2021, at 7:54, leo wrote:

> The Markdown table issue (see thread “_Markdown tables and the
> Markdown engine in general_”) made me aware that it is a good idea
> to keep MailMate up-to-date.
>
>  What’s the best way to do this? The only way to get to the current
> not-beta version I can see is to manually option-click the _Check Now_
> button in the Preferences.
>
>  Is there a way to tell MailMate to automatically checked for these
> non-beta prereleases? The so called “Normal” release is really
> pretty outdated by now…

I think a new release is due fairly soon but the beta period has become
extended because of the scale of the non-reversible changes that
inevitably require extensive testing to tease out some subtle bugs. In
general, the betas have proved remarkably stable, and in the odd case
that a new one breaks things severely, Benny normally pushes an update
out quickly, or you can just install the last known stable version. This
certainly isn't ideal, but it's much better than most software.

Charlie

--
Charlie Clark
Waldlehne 23