[MlMt] Update check fails (was: Re: Beta Downloads (was: Thanks for r5826 — Composer fix))

Sebastian Hagedorn Hagedorn at uni-koeln.de
Thu Oct 7 13:21:13 EDT 2021

On 7 Oct 2021, at 18:49, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

> On 1 Oct 2021, at 20:22, Sebastian Hagedorn wrote:
>
>> It's probably the X3 root certificate:
>>
>> https://letsencrypt.org/docs/dst-root-ca-x3-expiration-september-2021/
>
> Do you then also know of an “easy” fix?

No. The issue is client-side, as you have noticed. We (Cologne University) had some issues with clients that weren’t easy to upgrade, and in a few specific cases my coworkers who run the web servers switched them to use a different CA (other than Let’s Encrypt). If the problem is severe enough, i.e., it affects many of your customers, you might consider doing that.

Or you could perhaps use freron.com to serve the updates instead of mailmate-app.com? I noticed that freron.com has an Amazon certificate, and only mailmate-app.com has Let’s Encrypt X1. But I guess you would need to update the clients to switch the download path, so that’s a Catch 22 …
--
   .:.Sebastian Hagedorn - Weyertal 121 (Gebäude 133), Zimmer 2.02.:.
                .:.Regionales Rechenzentrum (RRZK).:.