[MlMt] Benny updated the test build changelog

Thu Oct 7 12:58:04 EDT 2021

On 7 Oct 2021, at 18:49, Glenn Parker wrote:

> On 7 Oct 2021, at 12:30, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:
>>
>> This is also correct, but I do believe the latest test release is reasonably stable. For now, it's available on the test-release branch (available when holding down ⌥ when clicking “Check Now” in the Software Update preferences pane) for Monterey users since I assume they are less surprised by potentially buggy software :) I'm hoping to extend that to earlier macOS releases fairly soon.
>
> I just upgraded to MailMate r5834 and it’s been running just fine for me under Big Sur 11.6. I’ve been following the test releases using the web archive since MailMate won’t show me the new releases automatically under Big Sur.

Yes, the latter is intentional. Most of the recent releases have had known crash bugs (and other somewhat serious bugs). The r5834 will crash if you try to use “Message ▸ Redirect” to send an email. There are also some layout issues also fixed in r5835.

I'll keep an eye on crash reports for r5835 (make sure to enable sending them in the Software Update preferences pane). If nothing major shows up I'll update the Big Sur track to also provide new test releases.

The past week or so has been a bit chaotic. My main machine has been very unstable with sudden “blackouts” (MacBook Pro 15", 2015), but it might just need to have its battery replaced. It seems to be working on a power supply after it finally gave up on trying to recharge the battery.

Right now, MailMate is developed on a dual core MacBook Air :)