[MlMt] MailMate and Monterey

Thu Nov 25 12:13:44 EST 2021

On 24 Nov 2021, at 12:24, t.bartlett--- via mailmate wrote:

> Thanks to Marco Qualizaa for the encouraging message. I didn’t find
> a way to apply the settings in his message to my installation of
> MailMate at home, but in the process an option appeared that proved
> unexpectedly successful. So now I can receive mail from the
> outlook.com server, but an attempt to send through it has failed.
> I’ll keep trying. It’s very good not to be entirely cut off from
> this account, as MailMate has been for over a year now.

I looked into making my test account (@outlook.com) work and this time
it succeeded. I'm still unsure if it's officially supported by
Microsoft, but these settings do work for me:

IMAP: imap-mail.outlook.com
SMTP: smtp-mail.outlook.com

Both with OAuth2 enabled.

There might be an issue where MailMate fails to get a new so-called
refresh token and I think that might play a part in why these things
seem a bit unpredictable. Therefore, after configuring the above, try
deleting items in “Keychain Access” with the following name:

	com.freron.MailMate.Outlook.oauth-refresh-token

That should trigger a new round of OAuth2 authorization which might work
better for you.