[MlMt] Data usage by MailMate

Sun Nov 21 08:41:07 EST 2021

On 13 Nov 2021, at 19:00, Carlos Moffat wrote:

> To add, I experimenting setting my work (Gmail) account to offline, and my personal (fastmail) account online, and the data usage dropped dramatically. Reverted again, and the data usage shot up.

Just for the record, after some emails off list, it is likely that the problem is that the connections to INBOX (and maybe [Gmail]/All Mail) break if there is no activity for just a single minute. This does not work well with IMAP IDLE (waiting for new emails) and will cause repeated re-synchronization of the mailbox which can be expensive for a large mailbox.