[MlMt] migrating to M1

Gavan Schneider list.gavan at galeel.com
Wed Nov 10 20:32:20 EST 2021

On 11 Nov 2021, at 12:14, Ken Pope wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just got a new 2021 M1 MacBook Pro and will be migrating from a 2018
> MacBook Pro.  I’d welcome and greatly appreciate any info,
> recommendations, or ideas about how to make the transition from the
> 2018 MailMate & SpamSieve to the new as smooth and glitch-free as
> possible.
>
> Thanks for your help!

Been there and just done that…

1. Up to date Spamsieve and no problems with transition

2. MM older versions not so happy with Monterey on M1 so best get 5845
build then do the upgrade (I didn’t do this and just glimpsed an
update suggestion mid crash)

YMMV as I have another crash issue under investigation (unrelated IMAP
synchronisation problem), but I can see little harm in doing the upgrade
before the migration.

Gavan Schneider
——
Gavan Schneider, Sodwalls, NSW, Australia
Explanations exist; they have existed for all time; there is always a
well-known solution to every human problem — neat, plausible, and
wrong.
— H. L. Mencken, 1920